Vocus Places 15 on BRW Fast 100 List
Posted on October 24, 2012
Vocus CEO James Spenceley is extremely proud of the company's success.
"Vocus is dedicated to providing the best possible services to our customers. Our recent diversification into fibre and data centres is clearly paying off and we delivered extremely strong results last financial year. But on top of that, I strongly believe that it's the innovation and vision of the company that keeps us as the top of our game," he said.
"The kudos of being recognised in this list is also a real boost for the team," he added.
Vocus has delivered strong growth and profitability in FY12. The underlying net profit after tax of $8.4 million (up from $5.5 million the previous year) underscored the company's commitment to increasing returns while growing the company quickly.
2012 has been a big year for Vocus. As well as growing the team from 55 to just over 100 people, the company has chalked up some significant successes:
- Won prestigious ACOMMS customer service award in July 2012
- Unprecedented project to lay Dark Fibre across the Sydney Harbour for the lowest latency fibre path between the Sydney CBD and the ASX Gore Hill trading centre
- Increased fibre network coverage by 298% year on year
- Acquisition of Maxnet, a premium data centre and cloud provider in New Zealand
- Launched Asian expansion with Singapore Point of Presence (POP)