Vocus Announces FY12 Results
Posted on August 28, 2012
Vocus continues to deliver with 69.8% FY12 underlying EBITDA growth
Vocus Communications Ltd. (ASX:VOC) today announced a 69.8% increase in underlying Earnings Before Interest, Tax, Depreciation and Amortisation (EBITDA) to $16.67 million (FY:11 $9.82 million) and a underlying Net Profit After Tax (NPAT) increase of 52.1% to $8.44 million (FY:11 $5.55 million) in its FY2012 full year results.
James Spenceley, Vocus CEO, stated that this was another excellent result, with Vocus now benefiting from the growing momentum in the Cloud revolution and the successful strategy of providing its customers with data centre and optical fibre infrastructure combined with the core IP product.
Financial highlights include:
- Revenue up 46.2% to $45.29 million (FY11: $30.98 million)
- Underlying EBITDA up 69.8% to $16.67 million (FY11: $9.82 million)
- Underlying NPAT up 52.1% to $8.44 million (FY11: $5.55 million)
- Completed a $21.7m capital raising in August 2012
Operational highlights for the year include:
- Won prestigious ACOMMS customer service award in July 2012
- Laid Dark Fibre across the Sydney Harbour, for the lowest latency fibre path between
- the Sydney CBD and the ASX Gore Hill trading centre
- Increased fibre network coverage by 298% year on year
- Acquisition of Maxnet, a premium data centre and cloud provider in New Zealand
- Launched Asian expansion with Singapore Point of Presence (POP)
- Winning Carrier business within Asia
Successful entry into the Corporate/Direct market with sales now accounting for 18% of sales Mr Spenceley said the strong results are driven by Vocus' continued focus on customer service and its reputation as a technology leader in its field. In addition, the diversification into strategically complementary assets and continued exploration of new products and markets, has positioned Vocus for continued strong growth.
"We continue to be a leading challenger in the Australian and New Zealand telecommunications market, and with our strong position in the Internet, Dark Fibre and Data Centre markets, Vocus is ideally placed to capitalise on the growing Cloud Computing market and become the communications infrastructure provider of choice," he added.
For more information: James Spenceley
Chief Executive Officer
T: 02 8999 8999
(ASX:VOC) Vocus Communications is an ASX listed leading telecommunications provider of Data Centre, Dark Fibre and International Internet connectivity across Australia, NZ, Singapore and the US. The company provides high performance, high availability, and highly scalable communications solutions, which allow service providers to quickly and easily deploy new services for their own customer base.