We are fast approaching that time of year again when the Telecommunications Industry imposes an embargo period on many aspects of network activity. The below outlines the Vocus embargo period for December 2017/January 2018.
If you are looking to make any change to your Vocus services/network connections prior to this period please make sure you contact your Account Manager as soon as possible.
- Restricted Access to the Vocus Fibre Network will be enforced and managed (Vocus fibre network-pits, conduits, joints, enclosures, racks and existing Vocus active equipment including NTUs, switches, TX equipment, etc.)
- Emergency maintenance will be permitted if approved via Approved Change Request Processes.
- No Physical Access to Third-Party-Carrier and Utility networks and plant is available due to enforced third-party embargo.
- Fibre Delivery SLAs will not be active during the embargo period.
- Customers may install customer equipment to their existing racks and make adds, moves and changes to their racks, however limited support from the Vocus data centre team will be available during this time.
- No new racks will be provisioned during the embargo period.
- No new cross-connect installs or backbone cabling work will be undertaken during the embargo period.
- All pre-inducted and authorised customers may continue to access the facility. No new inductions will be undertaken during this period. Note that authorised customers may escort their guest users.
- Escorted access by Vocus Data Centre staff will be limited during this time and delays may be applicable.
- Vocus Data Centre staff may be unable to accept deliveries. Deliveries may occur however customer staff are required to be onsite to accept any such deliveries.
- No planned data centre maintenance activities will be undertaken.
- Emergency data centre maintenance will be permitted during this period.
New service delivery - 11 December 2017 to 8 January 2018
- New orders will be accepted during the embargo period however they will be placed on-hold until January 8 2017.
- Fibre delivery SLAs will not be active during the embargo period.
- Existing order provisioning that does not require core network changes, external input or third-party services (and that are deemed very low risk) may occur during the embargo period, upon approval.
Vocus Support Centre
- The Vocus support centre will remain available to you 24/7 throughout the embargo period for all existing Vocus services.
- Normal fault restoration target SLAs will continue to be observed.